*Disclaimer: Yes this is another one of those things I swore I would never do when I had a little girl, along with mostly dressing her in pink, putting bows in her hair as soon as she had five hairs to clip them too and having her shoe collection be larger than mine. But whatever!
She already has the perfect dress to wear Easter Sunday, a cute hand-me-down from a friend. The only thing missing from her outfit was a pair of white church shoes (and a bow!). Yesterday the kids and I went to my favorite consignment shop looking for the perfect shoes to go with her dress. We didn't find what we were looking for, but I did come home with a pair of pink sandals for her (brand new!), a pink Yankees cap (for the beach!) and a tiny handmade bow to match her dress. All for a grand total of $7.50! Love that store! I didn't even look at the clothes, because I knew I would come home with more stuff. Plus, her Mimi just sent her three new Spring/Summer outfits.
As far as other milestones, she just started saying, "Hi" and "Bye". Only they sound more like "Hah" and "Bah", but we know what she means! Her top two teeth are now about halfway through and there are two more top teeth following those. We had to get her her first toothbrush the other day. Actually the one in the pic below is her second toothbrush, because she threw her first one in the toilet. No, she wasn't playing the in bathroom, she was just holding it as I was carrying her into her room and happened to drop it at the wrong time.
I guess we'll be gearing up for birthdays pretty soon. Elijah's in a little more than a month. I think we've already decided what to get him, and of course, he wants a Star Wars party. I told Matthew he needed to start planning his cake decorating now! I haven't quite settled on a theme for Sophia's yet, but I think it will be cupcakes. Mimi bought her a cute shirt with a cupcake on it and a matching skirt, so she already has her birthday outfit. We haven't decided what to get her yet. But I'm sure we'll come up with something! Her favorite toys right now are Hot Wheels and Star Wars figures!
No comments:
Post a Comment