Friday, July 22, 2011

Sophia at Fourteen Months

I have to admit, this one snuck up on me just a little bit, fourteen months! For one thing, on the last 22nd of the month we were traveling, so there was no "thirteen month" post. But most likely this one almost slipped by me because I think you stop keeping track of every month "birthday" once your baby passes one year.

Well, whatever the reason, Sophia is fourteen months today and it seems like a good time to update with a few recent pics.

Lately, it's becoming more and more apparent to us that she's going to be a total girly girl. Her favorite toy right now is her baby (given to her by her friend Grace), she carries her around everywhere! Also, her purse, she walks around with it over her arm just like mommy. It's so cute, I need to get a picture of it. In her purse she has her keys and her cell phone, of course, which she loves to chat on!

July2011 012


She's also recently started dancing, a lot. She especially likes the older Michael Jackson tunes, the ones that are more "disco". If she hears one she'll stop whatever it is she's doing and start dancing. She loves to twirl! I think ballet lessons are in her future someday.
July2011 018
Right now she seems to be going through a little bit of a picky eating stage. I keep trying to make her eat her veggies and she keeps refusing! We're working on it, but she can be so stubborn! The older she gets the more I realize how different from Elijah she is. I think I didn't realize just how easy-going and independent Elijah was until I had Sophia. She's neither of those things. But at the same time she has her own wonderful qualities as well.
July2011 017


She is like her brother in the sense that she still doesn't talk very much. But like he did, I'm sure she will surprise us one day with a word explosion, and then we'll be in for it! She says a few things though. Just the other day she learned the word baseball, "bah-ball". Wonder how she picked that up?
July2011 019

It's so hard to get a good picture of her these days, her attention span is about 0.25 seconds, but I gave it my best shot. And YES she has two piggy tails!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

She looks so much like you in that first picture! I didn't know you had a second blog until a week ago (duh). So, now I am following both!

Jelly said...

Awww, I'm so happy she likes the baby! Grace was so proud of herself for picking that out! :)

I LOVE the piggy tails - she is SO CUTE!!!