One time when I was changing her diaper and trying to keep her happy I started holding up fingers and saying "one" "two" ect. The other day I thought I'd see if she'd remember so I held up one finger and asked her how many it was. She responded "two!". So I held up two fingers and asked. "Two!" I thought this was pretty hilarious so at dinner I said to Matthew and Elijah, "watch how smart she is!" and held up two fingers. "Two!" she replied excitedly. They were impressed so I held up four fingers...wait for it..."TWO!" Ha ha.
She's also being saying "up" all of the time. Up basically means she wants to get up, get down ect. Just move in general. Just now she was vigorously shaking the tray on her booster seat and exclaiming "up up up!" because she wanted down.
Also, and this one is a particular favorite of mine, "good girl". Of course it sounds more like "googirl" yeah, one word, like that. She loves to throw her dirty clothes in the laundry basket. Pretty much the only good thing she does around here, and is used to getting praised "good girl" for it. She always nods and agrees with us, "googirl". Although sometimes she uses the phrase to defend herself. You already know she's notorious for getting into the pantry and getting snacks without permission. Well, the other day Matthew caught her with something, a wheat thin stick, I think and stopped her. "Where did you get that? Did Mommy give it to you?" Sophia nods, "googirl".
She's yet to really reach the sentence stage of her talking. Although that doesn't stop her from trying. Yesterday when we came home from our mom's group I put her in her chair at the table and started to make lunch. Elijah was busily taking off his shoes so he could put on his Clone Trooper costume we bought. Sophia took one look at him, leaned over, grabbed her shoe and said "I take off shoe". Of course in her little baby, hardly intelligible voice, but I heard it all the same. I asked her what she said, and she repeated it, "I take off shoe!" this time with a little grunt as she tugged on her tennis shoe. Elijah and I both died laughing.
I can't wait until she's older and she asks what her first words were. I'll tell her "shoe" and "nak"(snack!).
1 comment:
Keep on saying more words, Sophia. You are doing good so far! Love, Gigi
Post a Comment