Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Well, this Thanksgiving may not go down in history as one our best, but we made it work. See, as of Thursday morning most of us were still sick. Sophia was finally starting to feel better, and acting more like herself. Matthew and I both still had coughs/sore throats which always makes things fun. But like I said, it all worked out fine in the end.



For me the Thanksgiving fun started Wednesday morning. Since I was planning on making everything under the sun to eat, I had to start my cooking early. While I got started the kids sat on the couch and watched a Curious George holiday special. You can tell Sophia wasn't feeling too good that morning.
IMG_2299

After Sophia went down for her nap I enlisted the help of my favorite cooking assistant. His first job, and his favorite, smashing crackers for the dressing.

IMG_2300

Next, crumble up the cornbread for the dressing.
IMG_2302

And then mix it all up! (Well there was more to it than crackers and cornbread!)
IMG_2303


Anyway, like I said, Thursday morning was the first morning Sophia woke up happy in over a week! The kids and I watched the parade together (Matthew was doing homework). And after her nap I got the kids dressed for some pictures. Sophia would only cooperate if she had a cracker in her hand.


IMG_2306


Not too bad! I feel like they look so much alike in this picture!

IMG_2308

Ah, look who's happy for once! (Seriously, you have no idea how crabby she had been all week, her cheerfulness was sooo welcome!)

IMG_2309

Umm, well it didn't last long. She wanted to make a phone call, Elijah wanted a hug. Chaos ensued. As usual.

IMG_2315


And finally, after hours of cooking...tada! I was quite proud of my table setting skills here, until I realized it looked more Christmas than Thanksgiving, oh well!

IMG_2334

Ready to chow down!

IMG_2336

You have no idea what it took to get this smile, I think I stood on my head.

IMG_2338

Don't let this picture fool you, that one bite of mashed potatoes was all she ate! She hasn't had much of an appetite since she's been sick. She did, however, love the sparkling cider and pumpkin pie!

IMG_2339

After dinner, the kids settled down to color, so cute!

IMG_2347


1 comment:

GIGI said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving pics!! We really enjoyed them.
Love y'all, Gigi