Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Yale - Harvard Game

This past Saturday we had tickets to go the biggest football event here in New Haven, the Yale - Harvard game. We bought our tickets quite a few months ago, so when it turned out that Sophia and I were both coming down with Elijah's cold, we decided to go anyway. Plus, it's only in New Haven every other year. Hopefully, we will no longer be here the next time the game is here!

Anyway, the weather was fairly nice and sunny. If it weren't for that, Sophia and I definitely would have stayed home!



IMG_2296
Yeah, I don't know any of the players names. I'm still a Georgia girl!


IMG_2286
It's called the Yale Bowl for a good reason, the stadium is sunken into the ground. We couldn't even see it as we were walking up through the parking lot!


IMG_2295
Sophia loved watching the cheerleaders!



IMG_2289
During the first half we were in the sun, so it wasn't too chilly. Sophia was still enjoying the game at this point.



IMG_2288

IMG_2290



We had a lot of fun and I was really glad we went. Around the third quarter Sophia and I were starting to feel pretty bad again, so we decided to leave. Did I mention Yale was loosing terribly? I mean, the final score was something like 7-35...yeesh. On the other hand, on that very same day the Georgia Bulldogs won the SEC East! Yeah!

No comments: