Friday, November 11, 2011

Little Mama

That's what we've been calling Sophia lately. She's rarely seen without one of her baby dolls in tow. In fact, just this past Tuesday I was told by one of our Mom's Group nursery workers, that Sophia loves to try and take care of the real babies too! Apparently when one of them is crying she will rush over to try and help soothe the baby. She is too funny.



Last week I noticed her pretending to feed her baby a bite of her sandwich, and made her take a drink from her sippy cup. This gave me an idea, so I got down her booster seat and put it on the floor for her baby to sit in. Then I gave her a bowl and spoon. This resulted in at least an hours worth of fun for Sophia...


October 2011 002

Last night, she was doing her usual pre-dinner routine of harassing me in the kitchen while I was trying to cook dinner. She decided to dig in the basket containing all the dishtowels. Down at the bottom she found the little child's size apron we have.(Elijah used to wear it all the time when he was helping me cook!) She of course insisted in putting it on, and even posed, somewhat obediently, for a picture in it. It remains to be seen whether or not she'll be of much help to me in the kitchen in two weeks for the big Thanksgiving dinner I plan on making!



October 2011 003

Her hair continues to grow like crazy! So much that I usually have to put some sort of bow or barrette in the front to keep it out of her eyes. I'm refusing to give her bangs, just so you know! Again, last night, I wanted to take a picture of her, because her hair was extra curly and pretty. So she posed, this time a little sullenly in the library for me.



October 2011 006

Since she was being somewhat obedient for once, I asked Matthew to take a picture of the two of us. She posed ONCE and then she was done!


October 2011 008


Cute, but the next one shows her personality much better if you ask me!


October 2011 007

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Such FUN! Great Papa and I enjoy the pics so much. Love y'all, Gigi