When I was about twelve weeks pregnant with Sophia, not even knowing we were having a girl at the time, I was busily obsessing over girl names. It's not that I thought we were having a girl for sure, or that I wanted a girl more than I wanted a boy. I just had lots of girl names that I really liked at the time. The two names that I liked the most were, Sophia Marie and Anna Marie. Now, in my head I could already picture two separate little girls. One was a little brown haired, brown eyed girl named Anna. She would be relatively quiet and easy going. The other girl, Sophia, would have blonde hair and blue eyes. She would be feisty and silly. I don't know what made me think of all this, but that's how I pictured it. And before she was even born, I'd long since decided I liked the name Sophia best of all. When I look back on how I pictured her, I have to laugh, and I know I chose the right name! And I was right, she is silly, crazy and feisty!
Another funny thing about Sophia's name: Matthew and I were remarking last night just how many nick-names she's picked up in the past few years. Elijah was introducing her to a friend at baseball and said, "This is my sister, Fifa. Hi SoSo!" She's never going to know her real name, she only calls herself "Fifa" or sometimes "Sofifa". Matthew and I tried to list all her nick-names last night and it went something like this.
- Fifa
- Fuffy
- Fia
- Fifi
- Soso
- Moo moo
- Fifa roo
- Soapy
- Missy moo
- Fi
- Sissy
- Sissy roo
I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. I guess it has something to do with being the second born, because Elijah never had this many nick-names. Even now, the only one he goes by is "Jijah" because that's what Sissy calls him.
No comments:
Post a Comment