Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fail?

One of the first questions I always get asked when I tell people I'm homeschooling, is how I manage to teach second grade, with a two year old running around! The easy answer is: multitasking! The long answer is that I try and keep Sophia involved as much as possible. In the morning we do a Bible lesson and singing together. While Elijah does math and grammar first thing I try and give her an activity to do. She's really into sticker books and sometimes coloring right now. Sometimes I get a little more creative and find something cool on Pinterest for her to do.

 Today we colored coffee filter "flowers". When she was done I set up a little task (again, found on Pinterest) for her to work on. First, you had to take a lump of Play-dough and stick in a few sticks of uncooked spaghetti. Then you give your toddler a bowl of Cheerios and instruct them to thread the Cheerios on to the spaghetti. Sounds cool, and time-consuming, right? Well, Sophia didn't think so. In fact, she had a better idea. And after putting about five Cheerios on the spaghetti, she decided this was better...

September 034
Snack time?
 


September 033
School is rough when you're two!
September 035
Can I have a snack too, please?!

No comments: