Thursday, May 06, 2010

Counting Down

It's a pretty exciting time around here at the Hopper house. We seem to have about half a dozen different count downs going on everyday. Today is Matthew's last final and therefore his last official class day. Mimi (my mom) is coming on Saturday, so we're counting down to that. Of course, there is a fairly big event coming next Tuesday. I'll give you a hint.

Monday during school we made this cool rocket ship countdown so he can keep track of the days until his birthday. I think this is the most excited he's ever been for his birthday. Which makes sense, since he's one year older this time around! I'm hoping he won't be too disappointed when he realizes this will be his first birthday without all his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Hopefully we can make it special enough so he won't be sad.

As for our other countdowns...I'm due in 13 days!!! Please pray that Miss Sophia will make her appearance on time, as the midwives at the hospital I'm at are not in a hurry to induce me and I'd like to go ahead and have her while my mom is here!

And as for the last countdown, in case you hadn't heard, Elijah, Sophia and I will be heading south at the end of the summer to visit everyone, so mark your calenders. We'll be arriving in Panama City on July 15th, and then we'll head up to Georgia on the 24th for about a week!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Such exciting dates! We are so happy for all those dates because they are very special to us too. Sure wish we could be with Elijah Tuesday. Will certianly miss not being with him. So glad Matthew is done for a while. Hopefully he can make himself take a little break from so much studying. And I have been thinking about your mom coming. I am so glad she is about to come. I know you have been anticipating it for so long. And the last date, we can hardly wait to "meet" little Sophia. Picked her up a couple more outfits, along with some adorable flipflops. Love you all so much,
Mom

Margie said...

Elijah, we are so excited for you! You are turning four and becoming a big brother! You are very special to us and we hope you have a grand time on your birthday and with your new baby sister. We will see you soon!
Cacey & Matthew- I dont think I ever mentioned to you how observant Will is, but he loves to look at your family blog and we came across a family picture where your book shelf shows in the background. Will says, without thinking, "Mommy, Daddy, look, they are at the bookstore!". he he
we laughed and told him it's uncle Matthew's bookshelf:)