Saturday, May 29, 2010

One Week

(This was meant to be posted last saturday, but our internet went out!)

Little Miss Sophia is one week old today. It's really hard for me to believe that's it's been a week already! So far we're all doing great! Sophia is a wonderful baby, she's so happy and content (most of the time!) Even at night, if she's up at all, she's just wide awake and happy.



Sophia had her first check-up with her pediatrician on Wednesdays. She has almost gotten back to her birth weight, she was 8 lbs 8 oz leaving the hospital and 8 lbs 13 oz on Wednesday. We did find out that she may have a dislocated hip, meaning that the tendons in her hip are still loose and her hip is popping out of the socket a little. We had to take her to Yale Children's Hospital on Friday for an ultrasound to check it out. However, the orthopedist said most newborn's hips are loose so it may be too soon to tell if she will have a problem or not. We're still waiting on the results of the ultrasound, but we're kind of hoping that it was a false alarm. If she does have the hip problem, the treatment is minor, she would just have to wear a brace for a few hours every day for a few months.



Elijah is loving being a big brother. He is very helpful and loves to entertain her during her few waking hours.



My mom went home today after staying for three weeks. We definitately couldn't have done any of this without her. My freezer is stocked with meals, my housework has been done for me and my other kid has been tended to. I'm not sure how I'll handle everything myself on Tuesday when Matthew goes back to work and I'm alone with the two for the first time! Thanks Mom for all your help and thanks Dad for lending her to us for so long!



Matthew, well, what can I say about Matthew. As expected, he's completely in love with his little girl that's for sure! He went back to work on Wednesday and took a ton of pictures to show off. I know he's looking forward to the long weekend at home with all of us.



As for me, I don't even feel like I just had a baby. I feel amazing and I have pretty much since coming home from the hospital. I've already lost 20 of the 35 pounds that I gained while pregnant, so of course that makes me pretty happy. And just no longer being pregnant is a good feeling. Not to mention I now have such a cute baby girl!



We had our first outing yesterday after her appointment. I came home after dropping Matthew off at work and picked up my mom and Elijah for a trip to the mall. We had lunch at the food court and then did some shopping at Target and Kohl's. Sophia actually didn't get anything, since she's pretty set for clothes. Although some of her newborn onesies were too small after being washed!



That's about all for now, oh except some pictures! My mom used to work as a baby photographer at the hospitals in Florida, so she has lots of cute poses. Most of these were taken by her and Matthew. Enjoy!






No comments: