Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day Three

Yet another busy and fun-filled day down in Panama City. We started our Saturday bright and early, for me and Sophia it started, unintentionally, at 5:30 am. My dad and I were signed up to run/walk a 5K this morning and Elijah really wanted to come and watch, so mom had to come too.

I was really nervous, since I've never done a 5K before, but I just wanted to give it a go. I jogged for some and walked the rest, finishing at 39 minutes. We stuck around for the awards ceremony because dad wanted to see if he won anything. To my surprise, when they got to my age group, 25-29 women, the called my name! (Well, actually they said Carey Hopper, but I knew it was me.) Turns out I was the only female in that age group, so I won, but it was a technicality. Still cool though!

Me and the kiddos before the race.

Dad came in third!

After coming home and getting cleaned up (and getting Cy and Aaron up!) we all headed out to the pool for a few hours. I was pretty tired so I just laid by the pool with Sophia and tanned...I mean burned. We had to practically drag Elijah home for lunch and a nap. When he got up later in the afternoon he went with Papa and his Uncles to get ice cream. We played a few minute to win it games and then had dinner. The boys headed back to Pensacola tonight and Elijah was sad to see them go.
Me and my brothers.
The kiddos!!

No comments: