Thursday, July 01, 2010

Big Brother



It's no surprise to me that Elijah absolutely loves his little sister. More accurately, he loves being a big brother. In fact he probably takes this role a little too seriously most days. Meaning that he seems to think that he's Sophia's third parent. Just this morning he was up watch cartoons, Sophia was just beginning to wake up in her pack 'n play (which is in the living room right outside my door). I was still dozing in bed after staying up late with her last night. Elijah comes bursting in none too quietly, announcing very loudly that Sophia was awake and needed her diaper changed.

You know, I've always been the kind of person that doesn't really like being bossed around or told what to do. It's even more irksome to be bossed around by your four year-old!


Anyway, when I didn't immediately hop out of bed (it's sort of hard to hop out of bed these days!) he kept on nagging me. I thought about telling him to change her diaper himself, but I was afraid he might actually attempt it.


Doing school together. Um, okay Sophia was actually sleeping.


Back when Elijah was a baby we lived in that teeny tiny campus apartment at UGA. Seriously, it was about 600 square feet. I never could understand when I heard other moms talking about their baby monitors. There wasn't one place in that apartment where I couldn't hear him if I needed to. Now I understand a little bit more. Our place here isn't huge, it's about 1,200 (I think?). But it's kind of long. So that if Sophia is in her and Elijah's room and I'm in the living room it's not so easy to hear. This is where the big brother comes in handy. As soon as she makes a peep he's all, "MOMMY!!!! SOPHIA IS CRYING!!!!" And then he continues with what he thinks is wrong with her, "I think she needs her diaper changed." "I think she's hungry." ect.



Very helpful, and annoying.



I really need to get a video clip of him saying her name, too. "So-pheeeeeee-a!"

Yet another family member that she has wrapped around her little finger.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just have to ask JTC, "Who's the Mom?" periodically. That puts him back in his place!

Heidi O said...

It almost looks like you are measuring her with the book. I love the pictures and that you are all so taken with her.

~Bethany said...

So cute!