Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Four Months!

Sophia is exactly four months old today! I can hardly believe it, since it seems like she was just an itty bitty newborn.

Speaking of itty bitty, she still is! She had her four month check-up today and weighed in at a whopping (not!) 12 lbs. 9 oz and 25 inches tall. For comparison, Elijah was 15 lbs 10 oz at four months! I wonder if he was bigger because he was still waking up several times at night to nurse, whereas Sophia sleeps about twelve hours (!!!) with only one feeding. She also got two shots today, which she handled just fine. Her doctor said that she's okay to start solids anytime we want. Since she's a little on the small side I think I will start giving her a little cereal soon. I even stopped at the store on the way home to get her some little bowls and spoons. We'll report back later how she likes it. She always watches us enviously at dinner time so I'm sure she'll be excited to have something of her own. She's still too small to sit in Elijah's old booster/high chair, but when he was that little he ate his meals sitting in his Bumbo. I can't wait until she's big enough to sit at the table, munching on Cheerios like Elijah used to when he was that little.

She's to the point now where she will happily smile for the camera, but you have to be quick to catch it!
She gets a little bashful sometimes.

Silly girl. Wearing shoes! Of course they are still way too big and falling off her tiny feet.



My mom recently sent a box full of Elijah's old board books for Sophia. Since she already has quite a few of his hand-me-down toys Elijah and I created a special little corner in their room just for her things. I'm sure she'll love it when she gets a little bit bigger! Elijah loves to "read"her books to her when I'm busy trying to get things done around the house.

No comments: