Monday, September 06, 2010

Happy Feet


While Hurricane Earl (The Earl as Elijah called it) failed to bring us any rain or bad weather, it did bring along some much cooler temperatures. While the days have been sunny and a perfect 72 degrees, the mornings have been starting off with a little chill in the house. In preparation for the coming winter, we made a trip to Target last week to buy new slippers for myself and Elijah. Slippers are a must-have around here in the winter. Especially if you're like me and hate wearing shoes in the house and hate having cold feet! So during the past week Elijah and I have gotten a lot of use out of our new slippers, but I noticed Sophia's tootsies have been a little on the chilly side. It's ridiculously hard to keep socks on a baby too, which compounds the problem. Somehow, even though with her brace she can't really move her legs too much, she always manages to kick them off. Today, after she put her cold feet all over my arm, I had an idea. While my mom was here this past May we found on sale at Target these really cute, soft leather boots. They're made for babies/toddlers who can't walk yet, so the soles are really soft, like slippers. They're still a little big on her, okay, a lot big on her, but I pulled them on anyway. They look a little silly and probably will until she grows into them, but I'm happy knowing her feet are nice and warm!

Matthew says she looks like Princess Leia on Hoth in "The Empire Strikes Back".

Hmmm, not so sure.

I can't help but be reminded of Elijah's first Fall/Winter, he had a pair of tan boots that his Aunt Angie bought him. He wasn't walking yet, but they were too cute not to put on him. He liked them too. Whenever we would pick him up while he was wearing them, he would bump his heels together over and over. I guess he like the sounds it made. Matthew and I used to sing the song "Happy Feet" to him when he did it, because he looked like he was tap dancing. So cute!

No comments: