Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Flashback

I was looking at some old blog posts last night, just wanting to see what Elijah looked like and what he was up to at Sophia's age. I'm so glad Matthew had the idea to start this blog way back in the day, July 2006 to be exact. I love looking back on what we were up to two, three, and even four years ago.

Anyway, I came across this blog post of Elijah when he was just about three months old as well. So cute! The thing that is funny to me is that I mention in the post that he has just learned how to roll over and pick his head up. Sophia is not rolling over yet, only picking her head up a little off her tummy. Of course, this could entirely be because she's in her brace most of the time and has very little chance to practice rolling over! Also in the post I mention how he just started laughing out loud a little. Sophia has been laughing out loud for weeks! I've definitely noticed that she's far more vocal at this age than I ever remember him being. So I guess he was more interested in the physical milestones. Sophia, well, she's just interested in getting her voice heard.

Still, it's a little worrisome to me, since Elijah was not a very vocal. He seriously, barely said a word until he turned two and he still turned out to be a HUGE talker! If you know him, I know you are laughing and rolling your eyes in a agreement.

As much fun as it is to look at the old posts and reminisce a little about when he was a baby, it can also be quite bittersweet. Before I know it, Sophia will be the one who's starting Kindergarten and growing up way to fast. And Elijah, well, he'll be asking to borrow the car by then, won't he?

P.S. Don't you see a little bit of family resemblence between baby Elijah and baby Sophia? Elijah had a bigger noggin though, we truely thought it was a miracle when he learned to pick up his head. Just kidding!!

No comments: