Monday, August 30, 2010

The Kids

I'm still trying to get used to saying that, "the kids", plural. I think I seriously underestimated just how much work another addition to our family would be. Most days I feel like I'm constantly running back and forth between the two of them, tending to their individual needs. In my spare moments keeping the house tidy and occasionally doing something for myself, like checking Facebook or reading. Some days it seems pretty crazy. Today, being Monday, was even crazier than the average day.

Sophia has been sleeping a ton at night lately. Literally around 12-14 hours. She's usually up for a feeding about twice in that amount of time though. Normally I wouldn't complain about this, but she seems to be sleeping very little during the day which can be kind of annoying! Also, I have to wake her up in the morning so I can feed her, change her diaper and get her dressed before it's time to start school with Elijah. Can you imagine? I have to wake my baby up in the morning! Elijah was the opposite, always up at the crack of dawn. Still is.

This is our third week of school and we seem to have settled into a good routine. He's still doing really well. He's as sweet as ever too. He loves his baby sister more than I could have ever imagined he would. He's always telling her how pretty and cute she is. He told me before church on Sunday that I looked pretty in my dress, so he doesn't reserve his compliments just for his baby sister. He loves to talk to Sophia and explain everything to her. I can tell he's going to be a big help teaching her things when she's older.


Another thing I underestimated, how cute these two would look together!

Sophia in her brother's old Batman onesie, we had to "girly" it up a little for her!

At the playground on Saturday.


Pretty girl dressed for church.

She loves to wear dresses so she can chew on her skirt, very ladylike!

1 comment:

Margie said...

I Love the pictures Cacey. Elijah and Sophia look so Sweet and Perfect! Thinking of you guys and sending you lots of Hugs & Love!