In an effort to make her happy, we went out last night and bought her a activity mat (thanks to our friend Melanie for sending her a well-timed Target gift card!) Elijah and I went out to pick it up while Matthew stayed home with Sophia. Of course, we got the pinkest one they had! (Yes, I just made up that word.) Also it was one of the cheaper ones, so that was also part of our motivation for buying it. (Besides the pink-ness.)
She's been reaching out and trying to grab things lately, so we knew it would be perfect for her. Also, I think if it wasn't for the brace, she would be rolling over soon too. I guess she'll have some catching up to do when she gets it off. She's doing so good at night these days. The past few nights she's slept around ten hours with only one feeding in the middle. People keep asking me if we're having any jealousy problems with Elijah, to which we always say no. But actually Sophia can be the jealous one! The other day I was laying on the floor next to her, talking and playing, when Elijah came over and laid on top of me to give me a hug. As soon as she saw him, she started fussing and yelling at us. When he left, she stopped. Too funny!
Anyway, here are some pictures of our girl and her new toy!
"Um, what am I supposed to do with all this?"
"Oh right, this is fun!"
Of course she loves the mirror. (Takes after her mommy!)
This is a classic Sophia look. Worried and wringing her hands.
Big brother had to get in on the action!
This is not the greatest picture, the flash is way to bright and I look scary. But I wanted to show just how big and blue her eyes are. Someone remarked the other day about her that all babies have blue eyes and hers will probably change. Um, no! Those are her daddy and big brother's eyes!
No comments:
Post a Comment