Best of all, and most importantly, he learned a lot. I quizzed him a little on a few subjects on Friday and he knew a lot more than he did at the beginning of the week. He still loves science best of all and can name almost all of the planets.
He's also pretty good a Bible. When I asked him to name one person from the Old Testament and one person from the New Testament he said, "Matthew and Elijah." Ha ha!
I forgot to mention in the last post, but we also got him a little school desk from Ikea right before school started. He loves it. He even spends a lot of time there sitting and coloring when it's not school. As a reward for doing so well in school this week he got a brand new box of crayons. If you know Elijah at all, you know he's obsessed with sharp crayons. So a new box is particularly exciting to him.
Next week we get to do it all over again! I'm sure at some point the newness will wear off and it won't be nearly as much fun. But we'll do our best to keep it interesting and to keep him learning the important stuff!
Working hard.

Doing a science experiment to see which shapes made out of paper are the strongest.

And this is what Sophia is usually doing during school time.

No comments:
Post a Comment