Friday, October 22, 2010

Five Months

What can I say about this girl that I haven't already said? She's five months old today and I can hardly believe it. I'm a little sad that she seems to be growing up so fast, but also excited to see what's ahead of us.
She has been the perfect addition to our family. Every single member of this family is completely in love with her and she has the three of us wrapped around her little finger. She is such a sweet, happy baby. She thinks her brother is hilarious and entertaining. She is always so, so happy to see her daddy when he comes home every afternoon. And I think she likes me quite a bit too!
She just finished her fourth week of her six week weaning off the brace process. That means, as of today, she only has to wear it at night! It felt so strange today, putting her down for a nap without it. I don't think she's slept in her crib without it since she first got it on. She took advantage of this and wallowed all over the crib for the first time. She's rolling over all of the time now and playing with toys. She absolutely loves stuffed animals, her favorite is the stuffed giraffe Elijah got her, Amar. She thinks she can sit up, but she really can't. She still loves to use her voice and tries to talk to us all the time!

She celebrated her "five month birthday" by taking a super-long nap this afternoon. (Yes!) I still think she's having a growth spurt since she's getting up more at night than usual. She won't get weighed again until her six-month check-up, but she's still very petite, very long and skinny!

What else can I say? I think she's beautiful and amazing. I can't believe we waited four years to add to our family, but she was totally worth every second of it.






No comments: