Time for another update on the little Hoppers. Yeah I used the same post title again. Maybe this will become a weekly thing or something.
Sophia first, since she's the one who is literally changing on a week-to-week basis. Last Friday she went from four hours out of her brace to eight hours out. Which in her case, is basically all her waking hours. It's been so nice and so good for her. She seems to be accomplishing lots of physical milestones these days. She started rolling over, both ways, a few weeks ago. But since then she's pretty much over it and doesn't even try anymore. A huge difference from Elijah, who used rolling as a mode of transportation and would roll across the room!
She's also attempting to sit up on her own these days. This has sort of become a problem since the beloved "jiggle chair" is not meant for upright sitting. Today while I was in the kitchen doing laundry she managed to pull her self into a sitting position and nearly fell out the side! Good thing she was strapped in. Elijah did the same thing when he was a baby. I guess we'll be retiring it soon. She's been getting up a little more frequently at night these days due to hunger. So I think we'll be giving the baby cereal another go pretty soon. Elijah started it around five months as well. She still doesn't have any teeth, though she's drooling like crazy! Another difference between her and her brother, he had four at this age!
Elijah is enjoying his "fall break" this week. Matthew is on break from school, at least halfway. His one class downtown is still meeting and he's still working, so he's only been home a little more than usual. We decided to take a break this week from school, so the kids and I have been having fun taking it easy and playing. He really impressed my grandparents this past weekend by reading them an entire book from his reading program. He's getting really, really good at reading. He's also doing some basic addition and subtraction and completely blowing us away.
Story time with Daddy.
He's still completely obsessed with Star Wars, so much so that this is quickly turning into a Star Wars themed upcoming Christmas. He's lucky that his daddy also loves Star Wars and is perfectly happy to make sure he has all the coolest toys. He also told us that he wants to be Darth Vader for Halloween (we're taking him Trick or Treating at the mall again.). So tomorrow we're going shopping for costume. I have a feeling we'll be seeing it more than just on October 31st.
1 comment:
I love the pictures!! But I especially love these pictures of Matthew reading to Elijah and Sophia. And particularly, the one where they are on their backs. That is the cutest picture. Sophia looks like she is enjoying the book as much as Elijah. Love my kids!!!
Nana
Post a Comment