Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Freedom

Ever since last Friday, her five month birthday, Sophia has been allowed out of her brace all day. She only has to wear it at night until next Friday, after that we go in for one last x-ray and follow-up with the othapedist to make sure everything is still fine. So on November 5th we should be done with the brace altogether. They will have to follow-up with her every year or so until she's an adult, but we're glad that she's better now.

She's been in the brace since August 6th, so when it's all said and done she will have been wearing it for three months straight. It hasn't been easy, but she's been a really good sport about it. I think it's been harder on Matthew and I than it has on her! I'm glad she has some freedom now, it's so nice to pick her up and cuddle without having the brace on. Feedings are much easier on both of us. She had a little catching up to do in the milestones department, and she hadn't rolled over very much until a couple of weeks ago when she started having more free time out of the brace.


Well, she's making up for lost time now. She's rolling everywhere! I have to keep putting her back on her quilt in the living room. She's now doing exactly what Elijah did when he first started to roll, rolling across the entire room to get to something. Usually it's a toy. She's very big into her toys right now. Just little things like rings, toy keys and blocks. And, of course, whatever her big brother is playing with. She also has a tiny football she likes to play with. Wonder who gave her that?

And just today she did something completely new, started sleeping on her tummy! This doesn't really surprise me, Elijah was always a tummy sleeper too, as soon as he learned to roll over. Up next: sitting up! She's working on it!


I just noticed that her shirt matches her bedding! (I would get excited over that, wouldn't I?)

No comments: