Monday, October 11, 2010

Generations

We were very happy and fortunate to have my grandparents visiting us from Ohio this past weekend. They came around this same time last year before heading to Vermont for a few days. This year, since we've added another family member they decided to do the same, only they're heading to Maine later this week.


It makes me really happy to see my kids enjoying spending time with the same grandparents I grew up with. I guess that's another reason I'm thankful I had my kids at a young age, getting to share them with more people that I love!

They arrived on Friday just after lunch. Since it was Papa's birthday this past Monday we made him a birthday cake to celebrate!

Saturday we went shopping and hung around the house watching football. Oh and we may have eaten a little! So much fun!

Sunday morning we all went to church together and then to the Divinity School to snap a few family pics. Last year we did the same and I loved the way they looked. Since we haven't really had any family photos taken of the four of us, I thought this would be a good time. Plus, Papa has always taken really good pictures! Oh and the weather was simply beautiful, much nicer than when they were here last year in October.
Three generations in one picture, if my parents had been there it would have been four!



My two favorite men.


The girls!


My favorite!

Sophia showing off her new shoes and her pretty dress that Gigi bought her.


He's such a handsome little boy!


Me and my little man!

After our sucessful photo shoot we headed out for some lunch. We decided to go to this famous/popular pizza place here in New Haven called Frank Pepe's. Apparently we weren't the only ones who had that idea since we waited in line outside for over 30 minutes! The pizza was really good though!
Waiting for our pie.

Sophia giving us her best "deer caught in the headlights".

Sophia's latest trick, sticking her tongue out!


Monday morning Matthew had to go to class. Elijah and Great Papa got in a little more coloring during breakfast, and tried to teach Sophia how to take pictures.

Thanks for coming to visit Gigi and Great Papa, we love you!

No comments: