Sophia's latest habit, why spitting of course, how did you think I came up with the post title? Just like her brother at around five months, she has been increasing her night feedings instead of decreasing them. I'm not a fan of this, since I hate getting up at night, once is fine, but any more than that and I'm just plain crabby! Plus, it's getting chilly at night here and I'd rather be in my nice, warm bed than up with the baby. So, we've given the baby food and baby cereal thing a go. So far she's had pears, sweet potatoes and carrots. She generally likes it, though most of it ends up being spit back out. Needless to say, she's been getting baths a little more often lately. Oh I forgot the main reason for giving her baby food. The girl is completely obsessed with food! The other night Matthew was eating a slice of pizza while holding her and she snatched a chunk of cheese right off it and tried to eat it! Yesterday in church she stole half a bagel from a little boy and tried to eat that! She stares at us enviously during dinner, so having a few bites of baby food seems to satisfy her while we're eating.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Spelling and Spitting
Elijah has been reading for a while now. But only recently has he really mastered spelling words. I think reading is finally starting to excite him now, since he tries to read the signs on things everywhere we go. Just yesterday when we were leaving Wal-Mart he pointed to the arcade/game area and said, "Look Mommy, F-U-N spells fun!". And the day before that, at a friends birthday party, when one of the gifts turned to be a baseball bat, he proudly spelled bat for everyone. Of course, all this spelling and reading has it's downside. Like most parents there are a lot of words that we spell in front of him. Matthew has started ordering Christmas presents lately and I let him know when a box has arrived. Instead of saying "There's a B-O-X out in the front hall." (Elijah knows boxes contain goodies, usually for him, and he can spell box.) I have to say, "There's a P-A-C-K-A-G-E out in the hall."

Sophia's latest habit, why spitting of course, how did you think I came up with the post title? Just like her brother at around five months, she has been increasing her night feedings instead of decreasing them. I'm not a fan of this, since I hate getting up at night, once is fine, but any more than that and I'm just plain crabby! Plus, it's getting chilly at night here and I'd rather be in my nice, warm bed than up with the baby. So, we've given the baby food and baby cereal thing a go. So far she's had pears, sweet potatoes and carrots. She generally likes it, though most of it ends up being spit back out. Needless to say, she's been getting baths a little more often lately. Oh I forgot the main reason for giving her baby food. The girl is completely obsessed with food! The other night Matthew was eating a slice of pizza while holding her and she snatched a chunk of cheese right off it and tried to eat it! Yesterday in church she stole half a bagel from a little boy and tried to eat that! She stares at us enviously during dinner, so having a few bites of baby food seems to satisfy her while we're eating.
Sophia's latest habit, why spitting of course, how did you think I came up with the post title? Just like her brother at around five months, she has been increasing her night feedings instead of decreasing them. I'm not a fan of this, since I hate getting up at night, once is fine, but any more than that and I'm just plain crabby! Plus, it's getting chilly at night here and I'd rather be in my nice, warm bed than up with the baby. So, we've given the baby food and baby cereal thing a go. So far she's had pears, sweet potatoes and carrots. She generally likes it, though most of it ends up being spit back out. Needless to say, she's been getting baths a little more often lately. Oh I forgot the main reason for giving her baby food. The girl is completely obsessed with food! The other night Matthew was eating a slice of pizza while holding her and she snatched a chunk of cheese right off it and tried to eat it! Yesterday in church she stole half a bagel from a little boy and tried to eat that! She stares at us enviously during dinner, so having a few bites of baby food seems to satisfy her while we're eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment