Monday, May 28, 2012

Beach Bums

We've had a pretty busy Memorial day weekend so far! Elijah had a game Friday night. Saturday I ran errands, took Sophia to an appointment, and Elijah had another baseball game! However, a freak storm rained that one out so we headed home for some dinner and a family movie night. Sunday the weather seemed pretty iffy, but we decided to pack up a picnic and head over to Hammonasset state park, to visit the nicest beach in our area. Because it's a state park, you actually have to pay to get in. But it's so worth it! It was a little overcast when we arrived around ten thirty, but the sun eventually came out. Although it was pretty hot for May in Connecticut, the temperatures barely rose above eighty. It was so nice we didn't want to leave! I only took a few pics, I was too busy chilling in my lounge chair reading my Kindle while the kids played and Matthew kept an eye on them!


IMG_3348
These two love the beach!
IMG_3350
Nothing makes me happier than seeing my babies playing happily together!
IMG_3352
Except maybe this!
IMG_3353
Sophia was a little unsure of all the sand on her feet.
IMG_3355
I love her curly little ponytail, and leftover from her party, her pirate tattoo!
IMG_3357
Elijah soaking up the sun (with spf 60, of course!)
IMG_3359

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love both of their swim suits!