Friday, May 04, 2012

Going on Two

If you're reading this blog, then you probably already know May is the big birthday month around here. Elijah's sixth (SIXTH!) birthday is next Friday. Granted, six seems quite old me. But Elijah is our oldest anyway, so I'm used to him being my big kid. What I'm not used to is my baby, Sophia, being a toddler! She will be TWO on the 22nd. And I can hardly believe it. Though, everything in her behavior lately is proving that she is definitely heading straight toward...the terrific twos? (I'll be nice. Besides, Elijah didn't exactly have the terrible twos, maybe I'll get lucky again?)

IMG_3176
She's in that typical toddler phase where it's fun to strip off all your clothes and climb on things!


 As she gets closer and closer to official big-girl status we can see lots of changes in her behavior. Mostly good! For one thing, she's becoming quite the conversationalist. And sometimes randomly exclaim that she loves things. The other night at dinner she said to Matthew: "Daddy, I LOVE tubby!" (Bathtub.) We went to the party store tonight to buy stuff for Elijah's party and she squealed and exclaimed, "I LOVE PIRATE!" Needless to say, this little girl is having a pirate birthday party this year.

IMG_3128
Watching Daddy and Elijah play Playstation, with both her babies!


 She's also turning into quite the tomboy. I let her pick out her clothes today and she brought me a hand-me-down Yale t-shirt (from Elijah), jeans, Elijah's Yankee's cap and....Elijah's baseball cleats! The kids have been playing "baseball practice" quite a lot lately as Elijah sees it as his duty to get his sissy ready for her t-ball debut in a few years. She also picked out her first birthday present last week. Can you guess? A pink baseball glove.
IMG_3181
Writing like mommy! 


Despite the four year age gap, Elijah and Sophia actually spend a lot of time playing together and I'm always amazed (and pleasantly surprised) just how well the two of them get along. Of course, Elijah is a fantastic older brother. Always willing to share and always sweet to his little sister. Sophia, well, she's learning!



IMG_3078
Helping Sissy play a game on the computer.
 

1 comment:

GIGI said...

ADORABLE!!!