This year in second grade history, Elijah and I have studied both the Civil War and the Revolutionary War. To wrap things up for the school year (we only have three weeks left!) we decide to do a timeline. We picked out several key events in the Revolutionary War and then found pictures online, and then put them in order on our timeline! Of course, we only had about ten or twelve events on our timeline, because the Revolutionary War was loooong. But you get the idea!
| Elijah getting down to business. |
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but about six years ago we bought at Staples a huge roll of white paper. It turned out to be the best investment ever! We use it for everything around here!
Needless to say, Elijah has enjoyed history this year. He told me he can't wait to study World War I, but I told him he will have to wait for next year. Third grade, what?!? Anyway, I'm not looking forward to it nearly as much. While I enjoy the opportunity to refresh my own memory in history, I don't exactly relish the thought of attempting to teach WWI and WWII. At least the Civil War and Revolutionary War can be- mostly-easily explained.
No comments:
Post a Comment