Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cousins

About a month ago, when the possibility of moving back Georgia was first mentioned around our house, Matthew and I both agreed that Elijah would win the prize for being the most excited. And there's basically only one reason why: COUSINS! Well, that's not to say he isn't super excited, like the rest of us, to get to see all the grandparents, aunts and uncles. But see, Elijah and his oldest cousin Will are best friends. How long have they been best friends? Pretty much FOREVER!


232323232-fp33;-nu=326--3---837-WSNRCG=32338;55-7-4;nu0mrj

Elijah is about three months old here, Will eight months. How cute are they?


232323232-fp398-nu=3269-886-9;--WSNRCG=3235978-9-535nu0mrj


Pirate buddies at Elijah's first birthday party.


232323232-fp53398-nu=3269-886-9;--WSNRCG=3237-535387-4nu0mrj

Playing t-ball at Elijah's second birthday.

232323232-fp53677-nu=3269-886-9;--WSNRCG=323-5-;-6745-nu0mrj

This is just too cute for words.

232323232-fp63273-nu=3269-886-9;--WSNRCG=3394-;6-7832-nu0mrj

Fourth of July 2009, I think? (Right before we moved to Connecticut.)

232323232-fp538;5-nu=3269-886-9;--WSNRCG=34-898695332-nu0mrj

Summer 2010, our first trip back after moving.


232323232-fp539;4-nu=3269-886-9;--WSNRCG=36769-939732-nu0mrj

Summer 2011, playing clone troopers with cousin Jack.


IMG_0522

And this past Christmas they played Lego together a  lot.


In the past four years, I think he's been able to see his cousins three times. You would think that they wouldn't be able to remain bestest buddies through that, but they have! Elijah and Will have written letters to each other and they talk on the phone on birthdays. Needless to say, they are both thrilled to be closer to each other come next month. 

Last night while cleaning out the car I came across a letter Will had written Elijah when we left Georgia last Christmas. 

"Dear Elijah, I will be really sad when you leave but always remember that we're both cousins forever. Me, Jack and Luke will miss you a lot when you're gone. I will miss eating with you and I will miss playing military with you and watching tv and Star Wars with you and playing outside with you and playing troopers with you. We love you and we will miss you a lot so much and my mommy and daddy will too. Good bye. Best cousins forever. Love William"  (And at the bottom he drew a happy face "Happy with you, sad without you.")

Hello, is that not the cutest thing ever? Also, when Elijah found out we were moving to Georgia (we didn't tell him until we actually got the job offer) the first thing he wanted to do was to write to Will. The letter went something like this, "Hey Will, guess what? We're moving to Georgia! My mom was so happy  she cried!"

Thanks Elijah! But yeah, we're all pretty happy around here.

No comments: