and I have two.Friday, July 14, 2006
A Job That I Enjoy
Today I was checking out Ruth's blog (Matthew's cousin for those of you on my side of the family), she's a nanny in St. Louis to two adorable little boys. As I was reading I thought to my self that being a nanny would be a job that I would enjoy doing. And then I realized, that is my job! (Only I don't get paid or weekends off!) It was kind of a funny thought though, that if I could choose a job that I would enjoy it would be being a mom. And what a job it is! Matthew's mom read me and article recently about stay-at-home moms ,it said that the average stay-at-home mom works about 90 hours a week. Meaning that if our husbands had to pay us what we're worth they couldn't afford us! I take care of Elijah 24 hours a day, cook meals in my tiny kitchen, which has been compared to the one in my Great Uncle's RV (his is much bigger!) There's always laundry to do, and always something that's dirty that needs to be cleaned. And I have it easy right now. As soon as Elijah's old enough I will begin homeschooling him (and his inevitably subsequent siblings.) But I'm not worried, this is the only thing I've ever wanted to do. And fortunately my mom put me through mom training growing up. Even though no amount of preparation can get you ready for the real thing. It's not without it's rewards, though, being a wife and a mom...
and I have two.
and I have two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Mommy!! It was nice talking to you today, and when I grow up, I wanna be like you! :D
Love Ya, Cace!
Awwww, thanks!
Post a Comment