Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

I probably meant to do one of these posts last year, since we had a lot to be thankful for at that time. I was several months pregnant with Sophia, though we didn't know she was a "she" just yet! We had been living up here in Connecticut for a quite a few months and finally had the feeling like we were back on our feet. I had just starting feeling human again after some of the worst morning sickness I'd ever experienced. We knew we had a lot to look forward to in the coming year.

For as much as we had to be thankful for last year, I feel like this year we have even more to be thankful and grateful for.

First, I'm thankful for my sweet baby girl, who has been such an amazing and welcome addition to our little family. She truly lights up our lives every day with her sweet and loving personality. I can't imagine we lived for four years without her!

Second, I'm thankful for Elijah, for the way he loves his little sister, his mommy and daddy unconditionally. I'm thankful for his willingness to learn whatever it is we're trying to teach him. Also for his determination to do everything his best and his sweet, outgoing personality.

I'm also extremely thankful for my husband. How could I not be? Every day I see him work so hard to take care of his family, at his job and here at home. I'm thankful that he's willing to work so hard at his studies so that he can give our family a hopeful future. He's such a good daddy I can't even begin to describe, because I don't think I could do him justice. It's sufficient to say that his kids think that he hung the moon! Well, so do I. I'm thankful to know that he loves me more than anything, and that nothing will ever change that.

I couldn't be writing a post about the thankfulness I feel in my heart right now and not mention our families. Over the years both our families (parents, sibling and grandparents included) have shown us the true meaning of support and generosity and we could never say thank you enough to all of them!

Last, but certainly not least, I'm thankful for my faith. For my belief in God that my parents have instilled in me since I was a child.  And I'm thankful for the strength and peace it has given me throughout all the times of my life, the good and the bad.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: