Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Foodie

Elijah has never been a picky eater, so I figured since every family seems to have one, Sophia would be ours. So far that's not really the case. In fact, I would probably say that's she's already eating a lot more things than her brother did at this age. But that might simply be from the fact that she's a second baby. Second babies tend to have a lot more freedom in that regard. Mostly because it's just easier on Mommy if she starts eating the same the as the rest of us sooner! So far she's not complaining.

The funny thing is, Sophia never likes something when she tries it the first time. She always makes that face, "what is this?" and spits it back out. Every time, seriously. Second bite and she's sold. That's all it takes. She loves, loves, loves fruit! I get canned pears and peaches in juice and cut them up for her, she loves them for lunch. The other day she had a few, very small bites of my apple. But hands down, her favorite fruit is a banana. It's actually the only word we've heard her say besides our names. Every time I get one out she gets very excited and says, "Nanana!" Sometimes she adds an extra "Na" just to be sure I know what she means. I think she eats an entire banana every single day, it's getting out of hand!

She's okay with veggies, though like most kids, they're not her favorite. She's had a few bites of chicken and hamburger, but not much. She absolutely loves pasta, though. Just the other night I made baked cheese tortellini and she devoured it. Last night we had her absolute favorite thing for dinner, waffles. Seriously, the kid at an entire quarter of a waffle! And this was after eating a third of a banana! Crazy stuff. It's a miracle she's not enormous as much as she eats.

As much fun as it is to have her eating with the rest of the family, it's a lot more work to cook for four! She also eats a good lunch every day now, so that's three lunches I have to fix instead of two. So much work. On the upside, she's nursing a lot less, and only once at night now (yay!), which is fine with me since I'm hoping to wean her at one.

I know I probably owe you some new pictures, but she's sleeping now and I hope she stays that way! In case I didn't mention it already, she is a teething monster lately and very irritable. She popped out her third tooth just yesterday and I can see about three more working their way out. Ouch!

No comments: