Once again, it seems as though I just did one of these posts. Are the months getting shorter as we get closer to May or is it just me? I guess I should just accept the fact that Sophia's first year is flying by and there's nothing I can do about it. Although, when your life is measured by months, not years, it can seem to go by quickly.
 |
| My big girl, her shoes finally fit! |
Ten months, just two months shy of her first birthday. I've already begun thinking about what kind of theme her party will have, even though it's likely to just be the four of us. I still want it to be a special occasion. Forget what kind of cake she will have, what will she wear? I'm already on the hunt for the perfect party dress for her.
 |
| Working on those top teeth still. |
Sophia, Sophia, what can I say about her? Like her big brother, she has a whole lot of personality for someone so little. If she's happy about something, you'll know it. And if she's unhappy, well, you'll really know it! Since she mastered crawling, pulling up and cruising the furniture about a week ago she's into everything. About three days ago she realized that she could actually leave the room and went off to explore the kitchen. Good thing I have an extra pair of eyes during the day to look out for her.
 |
| Classic Sophia face. |
In the past few days she seems to be adjusting her napping schedule, dropping from three to two. This is only problematic because she used to take her first nap of the day during Elijah's school time. Now she's up for the first hour of school. Today I altered our school day to include her instead of trying to work around her. We had music time! We put on our Wee Sing CD and Elijah and I sang and did hand motions (and a few spontaneous dance moves) to the songs. Sophia sat and watched, oh and she clapped for us! They both loved it so much I think it will soon become a daily activity.
 |
| Causing trouble during school time. |
Tomorrow is a big day for Sophia, she goes back for yet another x-ray of her hip. We're really hoping and praying that she might get the all clear and be able to get out of her brace for good. Since she doesn't sleep in it at nap time, she often pulls up in the crib and shakes the crib, banging it loudly against the wall until someone comes to get her out. Just the other day I notice she had shaken a screw loose on it.
 |
| She's so cute I can't stand it! |
Her love of food continues to grow. I can't remember the last time she ate a jar of veggie baby food. She still eats baby applesauce for breakfast sometimes, but for lunch and dinner she has finger foods. Not only does she love to have what we're having, she insists! Meanwhile, I have to time my own snacks and meals carefully if I want to be allowed to actually eat it!
 |
| Getting into trouble, as usual. |
She's not nearly as independent as Elijah was as a baby. She'd rather be held or entertained by someone than spend time playing by herself. I guess it's a good thing she's our second child. Elijah still loves to play with her and they have spent a lot of time chasing each other around the house lately (crawling of course!). Recently I went down to the basement to see if there were any of Elijah's old toys that might interest her and I came across the pirate ship toy that we bought Elijah for his first birthday. To say that she loves this toy is an understatement! Elijah likes to play pirates with her too, so everyone's happy!
 |
| Playing with her new favorite toy. |
She still tries to talk, a lot. (Surprised? We're not.) Her latest words, heard occasionally, but not often, are "Hi", "Hey" and (wait for it) "No". Oh boy.
 |
| I have a feeling "no" will become a standby around here. |
1 comment:
I am so proud to have such a beautiful niece! We can't wait to see her and Elijah this summer!
Post a Comment