Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Latest

I know I'm long overdue for an update on the kids. Things have been pretty crazy busy around here lately. On top of that, we've all been sick. Well, all of us except Matthew. We're mostly better now though.

Elijah got sick first on Saturday, like usual he remained his cheerful self the whole time while sick. He didn't nap or sleep any extra, though we wished he would. The only thing different about him was his runny nose and he talked only slightly less than usual. We've been trying to stay on top of school this week even though we haven't felt the greatest. I went online to print out some math worksheets for him to do while I tended to Sophia. I looked through Kindergarten worksheets before deciding they were all too easy for him! Finally I found some first grade worksheets that were just right! His reading skills have really taken off in the past few months. I started him a book list to keep track of how many books he's read so far and he's already up to eight. Most of them are the easy to read Dr. Suess books or the books from his reading program. I challenged him the other day in the grocery store by asking him to read box labels, it was pretty funny. "Mommy that says mashed potatoes!" He's very excited to be able to read things. Since he was the first one to get sick, he was the first one to start feeling better. Yesterday he was back to his usual, talkative self, while Sophia and I were still feeling kind of congested and crummy.
We started a little Science project the other day, growing flowers!

Planting the seeds...


Watering. They've grown a lot since then, he's really excited to see them grow!



In case you haven't heard the big news on Sophia, she went for her appointment to check out her hips again and got the all clear to be done with her brace! We were so, so happy to finally hear that she was all better. She will have to go back at one year, eighteen months and then once a year to make sure everything remains okay. We were hopeful that without the brace she might start sleeping though the night, but she got sick on Sunday so that was completely out of the question. In fact, Sunday we didn't sleep at all. I mean, we never went to bed, she was so miserable. Thankfully, she's much better, and slept really great last night. So, fingers crossed for a full night of sleep soon! On top of the sickies, she's also been teething. In the past week her top two incisors have come in and she's got another top tooth about to pop through. Fun stuff. She's still crawling and pulling up everywhere. So much so that I have to occasionally put her in the pack 'n play just so I can have a break from chasing her around everywhere. She's very much into music lately. She will clap her hands when you sing certain songs, and attempt to sing along.

Sophia on Sunday having a snack, this was when she was pretty sick.

Shaking the crib.

Wearing brother's hand-me-down shirt!

1 comment:

Jan said...

So glad ya'll are feeling better. Love seeing pictures of my sweet little children. Elijah is doing such a good job planting his seeds. We are about to do that in my K class. Tell Miss Sophia, she is adorable as always. Was so thankful for her good report from the Dr. We love ya'll!!
Nana