(AKA, major picture overload!)
It's always a lot of fun when we have family come to visit us up here in CT, even more fun when we get to all go to New York City together. This past weekend Aunt Angie (Matthew's sister) came to visit. She landed in NYC Thursday evening and Elijah and Matthew were there to pick her up. Together they drove into the city and had pizza at our favorite NYC pizzeria and then went to the top of the Empire State Building! I know they had so much fun, I was home with Sophia since we didn't think she would enjoy the trip. It was a good thing too, because they got in very late that night.
 |
| Elijah and Aunt Angie at John's Pizzeria |
 |
| NYC at night. |
 |
| Elijah and Angie at the Empire State building. |
Friday the weather here was gorgeous and warm, for once! We took Angie all around the Yale campus, a museum, a few libraries and the Divinity School.
 |
| My new favorite family pic! |
 |
| Daddy and Sophia all windblown. |
 |
| My and my big boy! |
 |
| The kids and Aunt Angie at the British Art Museum in NH. |
 |
| Elijah and his favorite Artoo Detoo mailbox! |
Saturday was, of course, the main attraction. We all got up fairly early to catch the 8:52 train into Grand Central!
 |
| A rare picture of all four of us, on the train. |
 |
| Aunt Angie and Elijah on the train. |
 |
| Next stop, Grand Central Terminal! |
 |
| At FAO Swartz |
(On a side note: when we got to FAO there was a very shiny limo parked outside and a few camera men, everyone was speculating on who was inside. Turns out it was Kate Gosselin from TLC. I didn't see her since I had gone inside already, but Angie and Matthew did.)
 |
| Sophia and I on the big piano. |
 |
| Elijah and Daddy on the big piano at FAO (From the movie "Big") |
 |
| Angie, Elijah and Chewie! |
 |
| Can you tell where he's pointing? |
 |
| Empire State building behind us. It was windy! |
 |
| Grasshopper cupcake from Crumbs Bakeshop YUM YUM!! |
 |
| Angie in Times Square |
 |
| The boys on the subway on our way to the Staten Island Ferry. |
 |
| The girls. Sophia is asleep under there somewhere! |
3 comments:
Thank you Cacey and Matthew for showing Angie a wonderful time. A time she will never forget, I am sure. Ya'll are the greatest! Love you all very much.
Mom
I had so much fun! I loved it! Y'all are so sweet to offer to host any of us family members who come to visit! You are wonderful tour guides! Thank you so much for showing me such a good time! It was such an experience that I will never forget! Love you all SOOOO MUCH!
Wow! What great photos! Way to take NYC by storm (thankfully only by metaphor, not reality ;)... Looks like yall had an incredible time! Hope some of these make their way into frames :) xoxo
Post a Comment