Monday, February 27, 2012

Too Much

That's really the best way I can think of describing Sophia lately as we are headed down the slippery slope into toddler-hood. Too much personality. Too much drama. Too much of everything. And we wouldn't have her any other way! And really, am I surprised that my daughter has turned out this way? No, not at all.

She's definitely experiencing what I would call a "language explosion" these days. Like her brother, she hasn't really been that much of a talker previously. But the closer she gets to two the more I see the talkative side coming out in her. I truly fear for Matthew and what his life is going to be like soon, surrounded by three super-talkative family members. Even now, though she doesn't say too many actual words, Sophia is always talking. Yesterday at lunch I found myself feeling like I was seated between two squawking parrots, with her and Elijah!

Lately, her most favorite and oft-used word is, "yeah". Hmm, wonder where she got that from? Apparently I say "yeah" a lot! Ask her anything right now and the answer is always "yeah!". Other words and phrases used a lot lately are "bubble bath" and "I do".


Playing Wii with Elijah. Or at least, she thought she was playing!

  IMG_2803


She stole my purse!
IMG_2806

This is exactly what I'm talking about. A common occurrence at breakfast, pouring her milk out of her sippy cup and finger painting with it.

IMG_2809

She snatched this plum out of the fridge exclaiming "apple!". Then took a bite and said, "yew!". And then kept taking bites, spitting them out and saying "yew" over and over. Mmm hmm.

IMG_2816

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Too FUNNY! Love, Y'all
Hope to see you in April.