Sophia is a very snuggly little girl. Now, she doesn't really want to snuggle with me, or Matthew for that matter. She prefers to snuggle stuffed animals, blankies, basically anything that is soft and fuzzy.
 |
| Hugging her teddy bear. |
People always tell you that it's a good idea to encourage your baby to have something to sleep with that comforts them and helps them go to sleep. We used to call it a "lovey" when I was a kid. My lovey was a stuffed tiger named Little Rajah (um, and I still have him!). Elijah didn't start having one until he was around two when he stole Shema (another tiger) from me. He still sleeps with him, but it's not absolutely necessary anymore.
 |
| Kissing her baby doll. |
So when Sophia was a teeny baby we started giving her different stuffed animals to try out s a lovey. But none of them took. It never occurred to me that she might be a blankie baby. She had a ton of cute, soft blankets that had been given to her before she was born. The one that she finally chose was a super-soft pink, fuzzy blankie. I'm fairly certain that the main reason she chose it was because it's almost the exact same fuzzy material as my bathrobe, which she has spent many hours snuggling up against. She love, love, loves this blankie! Anytime she's sleepy and she sees it in her crib she has to have it, and when she gets a hold of it she gives it a hug and holds it up against her face. Even when she's fussy and tired I can lay her down with her paci and her snuggle blankie and she calms down right away.
 |
| Snuggle blankie! |
 |
| This is what I'm talking about! She just collapses on top of it! (She's not asleep, just being silly.) |
*Blogger has been having issues all day today and somehow a lot of posts from May 12th got deleted, including my post from Elijah's birthday party. Hopefully they will be able to fix their problems and bring it back, if not I guess I'll post the pictures again!
1 comment:
So cute! Grace has her "she-poo," aka the blanket we bought for her before she was born and Lily has "bear-bear," aka the stuffed bear that Grace told Santa Lily wanted for Christmas. Both girls named them - and Lily just gave hers a name a few weeks ago. It's funny that you just posted this because I was seriously about to do the same thing with Lily and bear-bear! :-)
Post a Comment