Monday, May 23, 2011

Sophia's First Birthday Extravaganza!

I decided to call this post that because we celebrated Sophia's birthday all day yesterday, and I have quite a few pictures to share!

We started off the day by going to church. Well, actually Sophia started off the day by waking up at six a.m. and then taking a nice nap before church. She wore one of her pretty new dresses from Nana and Papa and played in the nursery during the service with two of her bestest friends!


May 2011 138

Adorable right?

May 2011 149

Big brother was looking pretty good too!

May 2011 165
Yes, she's wearing a tiara!

After we got home from church we thought Sophia was going to take another nap, but she wanted to stay up and party! We had lunch together and after Elijah and I made cupcakes we let Sophia open the first of her presents.


May 2011 177

Matthew and I got her this cool music set, she really loved it. Especially the big drum.

May 2011 182

She's such a big girl now!

May 2011 184

Opening a present with Daddy. I love how serious she looks.

May 2011 186

Shoes!

May 2011 192

More presents!

May 2011 194

She's not so sure. (She did this with all the clothes she got, which was a lot! She would toss them to the side one by one and look at them like this.)

May 2011 197

She had to get a little help from big brother on this one.

May 2011 198

Yay, more clothes!


May 2011 203


These will come in handy!
May 2011 210

These shoes were made for walking!

After opening a few of her presents we moved into the kitchen for some dinner. Matthew kept her entertained while I cooked with her little party favor box, which contained some fun stuff for her to chew on...I mean play with.

May 2011 212

The party decorations, and the fabulous cupcakes I made. You can't see all the balloons and streamers, but there were a lot of them!
May 2011 217

Bubbles!

May 2011 220

This birthday girl knows how to chow down!

After dinner it was time to finish up the presents. Oh and I have mentioned that at this point she still hadn't taken a nap? She was actually quite hyper all day. I kept telling Matthew that I swore she knew it was her birthday, the way she was acting. I guess she was just too excited to sleep!


May 2011 222

Opening presents with Mommy.

May 2011 225

Does this hat make my cheeks look big?


May 2011 227

A hat and a purse!

May 2011 232

She had to put her money in her purse.

May 2011 237

More cute stuff!

May 2011 239

Elijah was keeping a close eye on everything.

After we finished with the presents there was only one thing left to do, have cupcakes. (Actually there was about twenty minutes between finishing the presents and having cupcakes because we managed to fill up our memory card on our camera and had to stop and upload pictures. The birthday girl was not happy about this delay!)


May 2011 243

As you can see the candle is still burning, we hadn't even sung yet and she had grabbed some icing already!


May 2011 247

She had a little cake at Elijah's party, but never a whole cupcake to herself. She picked it up and tried to cram the whole thing into her mouth. It was hilarous, and extremely messy.
May 2011 254

The end!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Precious! Precious! Precious! Thanks for posting. Looks ya'll had a happy birthday (all day). She's beginning to resemble Aunt Amy and Aunt Angie. Thanks for the post. Wish we could have been there, but seeing all the pictures helps. (I love the dress on her. It is adorable.)
Love,
Nana

Lindsay said...

Wonderful day! I love the first pics of S and E!

Margie said...

Sophia couldn't be more Gorgeous, Cacey! I LOVE her dress & the cupcakes you made turned out super cute! Btw, big brother Elijah looks so grown up...I think it's got something to do with turning five! :-)

Angie said...

What a great post! Thanks for all the pics! Everyone looks great, can't wait to visit with y'all. Love you all!