Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sophia Marie

One year ago today we welcomed this beautiful baby into the word.

Baby Sophia 011


And as you can imagine, life hasn't been the same since. Before she was born Matthew and I would talk about how strange it would be to be a family of four, when it had been the three of us for four years. But in fact, we're finding that we now have a hard time remembering what it was like just being a family of three. Basically, we can't imagine life with out her.


IMG_0039

Has it gone by too fast? Probably. But I like to think that we haven't missed any thing. She took her first real steps the other night, two of them. And we were right there, we even got them on tape.

So, how can I sum up Sophia after one year? She's pretty much everything you'd want and expect out of a baby girl. She's sweet and loving, always smiling and happy. She's also everything I have always wanted out of a daughter, she's feisty and strong-willed at times, but I know that means she will grow up to be a strong girl and woman someday.

IMG_0103

Like her brother she's extremely social and loves to try and get people's attention. Once she has it she turns on the charm. She loves food, even though she still mostly hates veggies. She loves getting into to trouble. She loves stealing her brother's toys, especially his Star Wars action figures. She's just now starting to like watching morning cartoons with her brother. She seems to especially like Mickey Mouse. She'll snuggle with anything that's soft, and sometimes things that are not. She gets really excited over any stuffed animal.

IMG_0069



She's crazy sometimes. She always makes us laugh. Did I mention she was everything we ever wanted? Yeah, pretty much.
IMG_0050

Happy First Birthday Sophia! We love you so much!

No comments: