Monday, May 02, 2011

The Weekend

Hmmm, uninspired post title or what?

Once again we had beautiful Spring weather this weekend. We're still getting used to actually seeing the sunshine outside instead of rain clouds. I didn't last long, it's dreary again today, so it was a good thing we spent as much time as possible outside this weekend. Saturday morning Matthew took Elijah out to play baseball while Sophia and I hung out at the house. Okay, we both napped for an hour and a half, but I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Saturday! That same evening we went out again because the boys wanted to hit some golf balls. Sophia and I sat in the grass and picked dandelions. Can I just say this was one of the things I looked forward to the most when I was pregnant with her? Having someone to keep me company while Matthew and Elijah played sports instead of always sitting on the sidelines by myself!

I had wanted to go on a picnic Saturday, but the weather wasn't all that nice. So we planned to go after church on Sunday. We packed up our cooler and right after church we drove up to East Rock Park. I don't really know how to describe East Rock, but it's basically the highest point in New Haven. Elijah calls it the mountain and has been dying to go up there for a while now. It didn't disappoint. The view was beautiful. We spread out a blanket and ate our lunch. Afterwards Matthew and Elijah played catch (of course). While Sophia and I relaxed on the blanket. Then we walked over to the edge of the cliff and took some pictures.









No comments: